5 of the Best English and Irish pubs and bars in Bangkok
Authors Favourite 5 Bangkok English and Irish Pubs
1. Molly Malone’s: It is a sparkling Irish sports bar located at Convent Road in Silom. Molly Malone’s is a heaven for those who are enchanted with the ambience, food and drink of the Emerald Isle. There is live music almost on all the nights with international Djs playing occasionally. It has recently been renovated and continues to delight its visitors with its Irish charm and drink.
2. O'Reilly's Irish Pub & Restaurant: Located at 62, Silom road, O’Reilly’s is another Irish legacy on the pub scene of Bangkok. It is a great place to unwind after a hectic day of shopping on Silom road. O’Reilly’s offer Guinness on tap and has its staff clad in green outfits to give you a true feel of the Irish ambience. There is an in-house band that plays melodious Irish music.
3. The Winking Frog: This is one of the few pubs in Bangkok that serve traditional English food along with draught and bottled beer. The Thai cuisine served here is excellent and also makes the pub equally famous amongst the English tourists and the Thai hosts.
4. Dubliner: Dubliner is Irish in true sense as it is the locals who contribute the most to its popularity with the pub offering authentic Irish food, music and drink. You can watch an English Premier League match on the wide screen LCDs out on the third floor of the pub while nibbling on superlative pub grubs served with exotic wines and draughts.
5. Robin Hood: Located at Sukhumvit Soi 33/1, this is one of the best English pubs in city. Its interior is constructed in the form of a tavern and this pubs attracts from countries worlwide with its being a favourite for tournaments with its huge TVs and LCDs.
back to Bangkok Culture menu.