5 of the best Bangkok Youth Hostels and Backpacker accommodation
Authors Choice: 5 best Bangkok Youth Hostels
1. YHA Bangkok Downtown: This hostel is located on 395/4 Silom Road and is the only hostel in the region which is licensed by the Youth Hostel Association/Hostelling International. The hostel provides all the necessary facilities and includes hot showers and high speed internet. You may chose from three categories of accommodation options viz. single, double, twin and dormitory accommodation. The Bangkok railway station and Central Pier are also in close proximity to the hostel.
2. Sukhumvit Soi 1Backpackers Hostel: Situated at Sukhumvit Soi, 1, this hostel is equipped with all the modern amenities and this includes free Wi-Fi access, a games room and a sports bar. The rooms, bars and other lounges are air conditioned.
3. Bangkok International Youth Hostel: This hostel is located at 25/2 Phitsunulok Rd., Dusit and provides a cozy oriental atmosphere to the residents. It is one of the best boutique hostels in Bangkok and portrays some of the most the beautiful Asian European style rooms.
4. The Shambara Boutique Hostel: It is situated on Khao San Road, only a minute away from the main road and provides one of the most affordable accommodations in Bangkok. It is an elegant two floor wood house with all the conveniences including air conditioning, 24 hour reception, Luggage Storage and common room in place.
5. The Urban Age: The Urban age is situated in the Silom Road and is known for its warm hospitality with which it receives its customers and looks after their needs and requirements. In addition to the regular facilities the customer is offered free coffee/tea/cocoa throughout the day. There is no dearth of activities in the surrounding area as the hostel is in close proximity to the local day time market, the Night market (Pat pong) and the Pantip Plaza.